Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A positive Rant

I was recently told that I have a problem with giving myself credit for the good things, embracing them. You know instead of doing the "yeah but.." thing. O.k. so it was my therapist, but he is a smart man. I noted that I once was a prisoner to my 'to do' lists and after realizing that I always made them too long and never accomplished everything to my standards, I changed things. I started a 'what I did today' list instead. It helped so very much. Blogging for me has been very much the same. So much easier for me to vent the hard stuff than the good.  And yet it really shouldn't be like that. And so this is my good blog. ha ha! Deal with me here. I do this not in gloating, but because it's good for my soul.

I've had some trouble of late finding a job, getting school stuff sorted out. And all of a sudden- like things are changing in the right direction. Perhaps meant to be, but not without the work I had done before. I have gotten five months to get my second chance at my last semester and finish up my in completes. This was due to the fact that not only is my dept. awesome, but because I proved myself in the last couple of years. I got a 4.0 in my bachelor's program. I was engaged and a high achiever in the Master's program, earning everyone's respect enough for them to advocate for me.  I was honest and genuine , always sharing where I was at in my life - again earning their respect.
The Woman's Center called me to give me a GSA position again. They certainly didn't have to think of me first. Again, my hard work payed off as they chose to call me! Not only did they offer me the position but also worked the channels, un provoked, to make it so I could work despite me not being actually enrolled in classes this semester. So now I have a job for at least until summer. In which I hope to have an awesome internship.
Then a call today. My supervisor went out of her way to talk me up to the Conflict Resolution Center on campus to inquire about an internship with them (and possible money). Wow! Not only would that look awesome on a resume, but they thought of me when not asked to or having to. My previous networking and interests had already put me in a good light with the director of the Conflict Resolution Center so they thought the idea was promising. They are willing to meet wit me and want me to attend their upcoming symposium. So what happens? The Women's Center believes in me so much they are willing to pay the $400 dollars for me to attend!
And not to be ignored is my husband's ability to be so supportive and willing to do whatever it takes to make all of this work. 
I feel so blessed right now.

That is my good rant ;)

1 comment:

  1. Good things happen eventually! Sometimes we have to go through alot of sh*t in order to actually get to the good stuff. I think that it is God's way of toying with us at times.

    ReplyDelete